Government of Canada
Symbol of the Government of Canada

Government of Canada


  1. Home
  2. >
  3. For Canadians
  4. >
  5. Living/Travelling in India


Canadian Income Tax

All non-resident Canadian nationals, including retirees, receiving income from Canadian sources have to file a Canadian tax return. The forms are available online and can be downloaded (see below).

For more information on income tax and to find out about your residency status, or to download the forms and brochures, we recommend that you consult the Canada Customs and Revenue Agency Website

Income Tax in India

If your stay in India exceeds 120 days you will need an Income-Tax Clearance Certificate at the time of departure. The certificate is issued by the:

Foreign Section of the Income-Tax Office (ITO)
Indraprastha Estate,
Tel. 2337 9171 (extn. 1650)

For more information on Income tax in India please consult the following source


Date Modified: