The Canadian International Development Agency (CIDA) is Canada's lead agency for development assistance to help people living in poverty. Its mandate is to:
- manage Canada's support and resources effectively and accountably to achieve meaningful, sustainable results and;
- engage in policy development in Canada and internationally, enabling Canada's effort to realize its development objectives.
Through Canada's aid effectiveness agenda, CIDA is focusing its efforts geographically on 20 countries and thematically on three priority themes where Canada has proven its leadership:
- Increasing food security.
- Securing the future of children and youth.
- Stimulating sustainable economic growth.
In addition to these priority themes, CIDA continues to integrate three crosscutting themes in all of its programs and policies:
- Date Modified: