First Time Applicant
Applying for a Citizenship Certificate — First Time Applicant
- Completed Application for a Citizenship Certificate; - PDF Version *
- Original or certified true copy of the birth certificate which lists parents’ names. If the certificate is not in English or French, it must be accompanied by a certified or notarized translation. If born in the Philippines, then the birth certificate must be issued by the National Statistics Office (NSO) or authenticated by the NSO (if the child is below six months old);
- Original or certified true copy of proof (Canadian birth certificate or Canadian citizenship card) confirming that one or both of the parents was a Canadian citizen at the time of the applicant’s birth;
- Original or certified true copy of two (2) pieces of the applicant’s personal identification (such as a driver’s licence, passport, provincial health care card, SIN card, SSS Card, Postal ID, etc.), at least one of which contains the applicant’s photo;
- If available, the original or certified true copy of marriage certificate of the parents;
- Original or certified true copy of hospital delivery records and pre-natal documents such as ultrasound reports and record of mother’s consultations with the medical practitioner for the duration of the pregnancy;
- Original or certified true copy of parent’s Canadian passport showing the relevant entry and exit visa stamps at the time of the child’s conception (For parents who are normally resident outside the Philippines);
- Two (2) identical photos. See Citizenship Photographs Specifications;
- The processing fee.
Applications may be submitted in person or via commercial courier:
Embassy of Canada
Level 8, Tower 2, RCBC Plaza
6819 Ayala Avenue
Makati City 1200
The Embassy of Canada in Manila, Philippines, provides citizenship services on an appointment basis. Please book your appointment online.
Important: please advise us of any change of address or telephone number by email at email@example.com.
If you submit by mail to the Embassy, please be sure to write "Consular Section" in the address. Failure to do so may cause a significant delay in delivery.
Proof of Canadian Citizenship applications will not be accepted at the Consulate in Cebu.
* If you require a plug-in or a third-party software to view this file, please visit the alternative formats section of our help page .
- Date Modified: